Stile Mediterraneo Italian Cooking School in Italy: Health & Well being through the ancient Mediterranean cuisine.
Stile Mediterraneo in Italian means Mediterranean Lifestyle.
Our mission is to to share the secrets of an ancient Mediterranean style cuisine, that only locals know and that was handed down from mothers to daughters for centuries.
This UNESCO HERITAGE cuisine is not only one of the most delicious in the world, but also very healthy.
Medical research has demonstrated the link between a way of eating rich in EVOO, beans, seafood, vegetables and fruit, little meat and a reduction in cardiovascular diseases or life-threatening events such as strokes.
Today the Mediterranean style cuisine is at risk!
Because of the influence of new and more modern cuisines rich in bad fats and refined sugars, the incidence of cardiovascular diseases has increased even in the Mediterranean countries, especially among new generations.
At Stile Mediterraneo, we want to promote this old way of eating and cooking contributing to the improvement of people’s health and well being.
Our goal is to teach people how to choose the best ingredients and how to prepare them in a simple way with extra virgin olive oil, which enhances food taste.
The beauty of the Mediterranean style cuisine is that it can be easily replicated in other countries and cultures: ingredients are easy to find in many countries, preparation method is pretty simple and does not entail sophysticated cooking techniques.
We hope more and more people adopt this healthful way of eating, cooking and living.
Stile Mediterraneo Cooking School: Local Experts and unique Cooking Method
The ancient Mediterranan cuisine has been handed down by Southern Italian Women for centuries.
Stile Mediterraneo is unique because run by LOCAL ITALIAN EXPERTS native to Puglia, Southern Italy where the Mediterranean diet developed in Italy.
Cinzia (extra virgin olive oil taster, wine sommelier, Harvard MBA) is Founder and Director of the Stile Mediterraneo School. She teaches most cooking classes and personally leads all tours. She learned everything about Italian cuisine and culture from her family and grandmothers.
She founded the Stile Mediterraneo Italian Cooking School following the Mediterranean cuisine’s principles that Dr. Marika Rascazzo (Cardiologist) described in the e-book (The Cuisine of Southern Italian Women: Mediterranean Secrets for a Healthy & Happy life).
In this ebook you find out that Puglia’s Mediterranean cuisine is so healthy and tasty not just because of the fresh ingredients but also because it is a HOME-MADE cuisine. Only at home can people pay attention to the ingredients they use and cook them in a way that enhances their flavors and nutrients: very slowly, at low heat, with extra virgin olive oil and never fried.
This ebook also celebrates the Southern Italian Women’s role.
What to expect from a Stile Mediterraneo Culinary and Cultural Experience
Through our tours and hands on experiences in Italy, we want to contribute to the improvement of people’s health and wellbeing.
For the classes, Cinzia personally selects the best ingredients and extra virgin olive oils, to ensure the highest quality.
In the kitchen, you don’t just replicate recipes! For the foundation of each lesson, Cinzia will explain the secrets of this ancient cuisine and cookery method typical of Puglia. Cinzia (as olive oil taster) will tell about the importance of eating and cooking with extra virgin olive oil to enhance taste and health benefits.
At Stile Mediterraneo you won’t spend all your time in the kitchen! You will visit beautiful markets and small wine, cheese, olive oil producers and see how these artisan products are made.
After the morning trips, you will have fun in the class, cooking, drinking and eating with your new friends.
Through our hands-on culinary programs you will experience that it’s possible to reach health and happiness through GOOD food.
Our philosophy can be summed up in the following 10 principles:
- We want to share the secrets of the ancient Mediterranean cuisine which is not only tasty, but also simple and healthy;
- We want our guests to experience the authentic and home-made Mediterranean cuisine from Southern Italy;
- We want to highlight the Southern Italian Women’s role in preserving and passing down an unwritten cuisine, which is today Unesco Heritage;
- We want to personally select the ingredients we use to ensure the highest quality. We want to teach our guests how to become more conscious consumers;
- We want to select trustable producers who make organic ingredients, respecting the environment, the animals, their employees and customers;
- We want to teach our guests a cookery method that enhances food flavors and nutrients;
- We want to provide very personal services (classes and tours of maximum 8-10 people);
- We want to provide first class and professional services;
- We want our guests to meet new friends;
- We want our guests to have fun and help us promote the healthy and delicious Mediterranean way of eating and cookery method around the world.
Stile Mediterraneo’s preparation methods were featured in the Culinary Institute of America’s video about Puglia.